I was following this tutorial all the way up to registering a parachain ID. https://docs.substrate.io/tutorials/connect-relay-and-parachains/connect-a-local-parachain/#register-with-the-local-relay-chain
My parachain is based on polkadot-v0.9.18, a little old, with the latest(I think) Polkadot browser app v0.113.1.
I chose Option 1: paraSudoWrapper.sudoScheduleParaInitialize
Polkadot browser app -> Developer -> Extrinsics > submission tab -> paraSudoWrapper -> sudoScheduleParaInitialize(id, genesis)
In the extrinsics parameters, specify:
- Account = ALICE
- Set the id: ParaId to 2000
- genesisHead: upload the file para-2000-genesis (from the previous step)
- validationCode: upload the file para-2000-wasm (from the previous step)
- Set the parachain: Bool option to Yes
- click on "Submit Transaction"
Green tick: parasSudoWrapper.sudoScheduleParaInitialize inblock
Red error: System.ExtrinsicFailed: Bad Origin
Blue light bulb: balances.Withdraw, balances.Deposit, extrinsic event
It seems the tutorial is a little out of date, not mentioning about which account to use... but what did I do wrong?