- OriginTrail Parachain Mainnet is pushing significant amount of transactions (175k/day) - with tendency of growth
- Collators are filling blocks up at ~25% of block weight, with a large pending Tx pool
- The pool is gradually growing, and after some time most of transactions are dropped.
- Initial hardware upgrades didn’t contribute to any increase.
- Increase throughput on OriginTrail Parachain Mainnet by using up more blockspace (target: 50%+ blockweight)
- Here is the code: https://github.com/OriginTrail/origintrail-parachain
- Dependencies are on polkadot-v0.9.40.
Servers have 16vCPU, 8 cores 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM, NVMe disks, NUMA balancing and SMT are disabled. We did not observe any high usage on CPU (~8%) or RAM (~12%).
Our hardware benchmark:
- CPU score: 1.08 GiBs (Min: 1.00 GiBs)
- Memory score: 13.74 GiBs (Min: 14.32 GiBs)
- Disk score (seq. writes): 1.37 GiBs (Min: 450.00 MiBs)
- Disk score (rand. writes): 663.99 MiBs (Min: 200.00 MiBs)
You can check current TX pool size here: https://polkadot.js.org/apps/?rpc=wss%3A%2F%2Fparachain-rpc.origin-trail.network#/explorer/node